What is Compulsory Third Party Liability or CTPL?
Does the third party bodily injury liability cover injuries or death of animals?
In case of an accident, can the Insured advance payment to the Third Party and ask for reimbursement expense?
What is COC? Is this different from CTPL?
How do we determine the amount of Loss and Damage cover?
What is No Fault Indemnity?
May the third party still claim further?
How does one claim under the No Fault Indemnity?
- Police report of accident or any evidence sufficient to establish the accident, and
- Medical report and evidence of medical or hospital expenses and/or;
- Death Certificate and evidence sufficient to establish the proper payee
What types of damages are covered under the Loss and Damage cover of the Motor Policy?
Damages due to the following:
- Accidental collision or overturning
- Fire, external explosion, self-ignition
- Burglary, housebreaking or theft
- Malicious acts other than those caused by the insured, a member of his family or person in his service
- Whilst in transit (including the process of loading and unloading)incidental to such transit by road, rail, inland waterway, lift, or elevator
What damages are NOT covered?
Damages due to the following:
- Losses within the policy deductible
- Consequential Loss
- Damage to tires (unless the Insured Vehicle is damaged at the same time)
- Any malicious damage caused by the Insured, member of his family, or person under his service
- Losses due to Acts of Nature (unless the policy includes additional Acts of Nature cover)
- Damaged caused by overloading (For commercial vehicles only)
- Damage caused by explosion of any boiler forming part of, attached to or on the Scheduled Vehicle (for Commercial Vehicles only)
- Accident or liability cased or incurred outside the Philippines
- Accident or liability while the vehicle is being used other than in accordance with what is specified in the policy (Limitations as to Use)
- Accident or liability whilst the Insured Vehicle is being driven by any person other than an Authorized Driver
- Any liability outside of the agreement of the policy unless the agreement was made to avoid impairing the flow of traffic
- Bodily injury and/or death to any person in the employ of the Insured in the course of employment or any member of the Insured’s household.
Is the vehicle covered while being transported?
Is the vehicle covered while being towed?
Is the policy still effective while the Insured Vehicle is being used to tow another vehicle?
What does “excess” or “voluntary” third party liability mean?
What is the meaning of deductible?
The following are the standard deductibles under the Motor Tariff:
Private Car 0.5% of Sum Insured under Sec. III – Loss & damage, minimum of PhP 2,000.
Commercial Vehicles 1.0% of sum insured under Sec. II – Loss and damage, minimum of PhP 3,000.
Can the deductible be reduced or increased?
Can I use surplus parts to avoid paying depreciation?
Can I get a refund on my deductible and/or depreciation?
May the insured insist on the manner of settlement of his claim?
If the insured unit were carnapped or declared a total loss, could the insured insist on settlement based on the limit of liability under Section III.-Loss and Damage?
In the event the Insured sells the insured vehicle, does the insurance cover go with it?
Are accessories of one’s car insured?
If I missed to declare my designated beneficiary, which of my relatives are entitled to claim the Insurance proceeds in case of death?
Is there a limitation to geographic scope of coverage?
Can I apply for more than one policy?
Is motorcycling automatically covered?
Up to what age can I be allowed to get Personal Accident Insurance?
Is Unprovoked Murder and Assault automatically covered?
Can I automatically avail of a high coverage under Personal Accident?
What is a pre-existing illness? Is this covered?
What is the maximum limit of benefits of the Company will provide for self-employed individuals?
How does cashless medical assistance work?
What necessary steps do I have to take in case I contract a sickness during the course of my trip?
Requisite to availment of the benefits, the insured must immediately telephone the assigned hotline number (632) 4594727 and give the following information
- Personal Information.
- Policy Number.
- Contact Numbers (mobile/hotel/residence).
If I lost my luggage deposited or checked-in during my flight, what steps should I take in order to claim?
Step 2: Call the MAPFRE insular hotline number (632) 4594727 to report the incident. They will provide you with a step guide on how to formalize your claim.