Menú Principal
Get a Quote!
Client Services

Client Services

Menú Principal
Get a Quote!





Client Services

Client Services

Menú Principal

Special benefits

Client Services

Client Services


Home > FAQs

We prepared some frequently asked questions that may serve as quick answers to your current queries. Should you have questions that are not in the list below feel free to get in touch with us.

Contact Us

What is Compulsory Third Party Liability or CTPL?
CTPL is coverage required by law for the registration of any vehicle licensed for use on the public highways. It covers the death and/or bodily injury of a Third Party victim in an accident caused by the Insured Vehicle. The limit of liability for CTPL is Php 100,000.
Does the third party bodily injury liability cover injuries or death of animals?
The bodily injury cover applies only to injuries or death of persons. Injuries to animals may be covered under Third Party Property Damage.
In case of an accident, can the Insured advance payment to the Third Party and ask for reimbursement expense?
Except in case of emergency medical expenses, this procedure should be avoided as it may lead to problems if the Insurer finds out that the Insured is not legally liable or that the amount settled is excessive.
What is COC? Is this different from CTPL?
This means Confirmation of Cover. It refers to the document presented to the Land Transportation Office for registration of the vehicle as evidence of a CTPL policy.
How do we determine the amount of Loss and Damage cover?
The amount of the Loss and Damage cover of the vehicle is based on the Fair Market Value (FMV). The Motor Unit of the Company maintains a table of FMV values that is regularly updated and are referred from major dailies and/or sourced from Buy and Sell magazines.
What is No Fault Indemnity?
This is the maximum amount the insurance company is required to pay a third party injured or killed in an accident involving the insured vehicle without the necessity of proving fault or negligence on the part of the insured. The limit under this benefit is Php 15,000.00 per person.
May the third party still claim further?
Settlement under the no fault provision does not prevent the third party from pursuing his claim further. A third party claimant is not required to sign a “quit claim” if settlement is under the no fault provision.
How does one claim under the No Fault Indemnity?
The following documents have to be presented:
  1. Police report of accident or any evidence sufficient to establish the accident, and
  2. Medical report and evidence of medical or hospital expenses and/or;
  3. Death Certificate and evidence sufficient to establish the proper payee
What types of damages are covered under the Loss and Damage cover of the Motor Policy?

Damages due to the following:

  • Accidental collision or overturning
  • Fire, external explosion, self-ignition
  • Lightning
  • Burglary, housebreaking or theft
  • Malicious acts other than those caused by the insured, a member of his family or person in his service
  • Whilst in transit (including the process of loading and unloading)incidental to such transit by road, rail, inland waterway, lift, or elevator
What damages are NOT covered?

Damages due to the following:

  • Losses within the policy deductible
  • Consequential Loss
  • Damage to tires (unless the Insured Vehicle is damaged at the same time)
  • Any malicious damage caused by the Insured, member of his family, or person under his service
  • Losses due to Acts of Nature (unless the policy includes additional Acts of Nature cover)
  • Damaged caused by overloading (For commercial vehicles only)
  • Damage caused by explosion of any boiler forming part of, attached to or on the Scheduled Vehicle (for Commercial Vehicles only)
  • Accident or liability cased or incurred outside the Philippines
  • Accident or liability while the vehicle is being used other than in accordance with what is specified in the policy (Limitations as to Use)
  • Accident or liability whilst the Insured Vehicle is being driven by any person other than an Authorized Driver
  • Any liability outside of the agreement of the policy unless the agreement was made to avoid impairing the flow of traffic
  • Bodily injury and/or death to any person in the employ of the Insured in the course of employment or any member of the Insured’s household.
Is the vehicle covered while being transported?
Coverage continues during transit by land, inland waterway, lift or elevator. Coverage does not extend to transit by inter-island vessels navigating on open seas or by aircraft.
Is the vehicle covered while being towed?
The vehicle continues to be covered while being towed provided that the damage is due to accidental collision. Note that collision damage should be accidental. Thus, if the damage is due to improper towing, this is not covered.
Is the policy still effective while the Insured Vehicle is being used to tow another vehicle?
Yes it is for as long as the towed vehicle is not being towed for reward and the Company shall not be liable for damages to the vehicle being towed.
What does “excess” or “voluntary” third party liability mean?
This refers to the amount “in excess” of or exceeding the coverage provided by CTPL.
What is the meaning of deductible?
An amount being the first part of the cost of a claim, which the insured has to bear in accordance with the terms of the insurance.

The following are the standard deductibles under the Motor Tariff:

Private Car 0.5% of Sum Insured under Sec. III – Loss & damage, minimum of PhP 2,000.

Commercial Vehicles 1.0% of sum insured under Sec. II – Loss and damage, minimum of PhP 3,000.

Can the deductible be reduced or increased?
The deductible may not be reduced as this is the minimum amount prescribed by the tariff but this may be increased. If the deductible is increased, the insured may be entitled to a discount on the premium rate. The number of deductibles applicable is based on the number of incidents. If the specific circumstances of an incident are not known, the adjuster shall base the number of deductibles applicable on the logical appreciation of the nature and characteristics of the damages.
Can I use surplus parts to avoid paying depreciation?
Yes, surplus parts are not subject to depreciation. An insured shall inform the adjuster if he prefers to use surplus parts to avoid paying depreciation; however, this is only recommended for collision parts (e.g. fender, bumper, door), and not for mechanical parts (e.g. suspension, tire rod, fuel tank, transmission, engine).
Can I get a refund on my deductible and/or depreciation?
If liability for the accident is attributable to an identified third party, the Company’s legal unit shall, upon settlement of the own damage claim, initiate recovery action against the erring third party or third party insurer. The assured’s participation (i.e., deductible and depreciation) shall be included in the claim and if successful, the same shall be refunded to the insured. The Company, however, shall have prior rights to the amount recovered and does not in any way guarantee the return of the assured’s participation. If the accident is clearly due to the negligence of the third party it is recommended that the assured pursue his claim against the third party’s insurer. In this instance, we shall issue the assured a Certificate of No Claim, to avoid incurring expenses for the deductible and depreciation.
May the insured insist on the manner of settlement of his claim?
No, the decision to either pay in cash the amount of loss or damage, repair or replace the scheduled vehicle is the option of the insurer. (Section III., paragraph no. 2))
If the insured unit were carnapped or declared a total loss, could the insured insist on settlement based on the limit of liability under Section III.-Loss and Damage?
In case of a total loss of the insured vehicle, the amount of settlement shall be based on the fair market value of the unit at the time of loss but not to exceed the limit of liability under the policy. If the fair market value at the time of loss is less than the policy limit, the insurer should only pay the amount equivalent to the estimated fair market value.
In the event the Insured sells the insured vehicle, does the insurance cover go with it?
The CTPL cover is attached to the Insured and not the Insured Vehicle. An insurance policy is a personal contract and does not transfer automatically with the change of ownership. In order to avail of the policy benefits, the original Insured has to make a written request to transfer the policy to the new owner. Such request has to be approved by the Insurance Company and an endorsement to the policy has to be issued reflecting the new owner as the new named Insured.
Are accessories of one’s car insured?
Standard accessories are covered. However, the company shall not be liable for any claim in respect of loss or damage to accessories of the insured vehicle other than standard factory equipment and any other non-standard factory-fitted accessories unless such accessories are specifically declared to the Company and noted in the policy with individual sums insured applicable to each item. In respect of loss or damage to the standard factory-fitted accessories, the Company has the option to replace these accessories with an equivalent model of the same brand not necessarily bearing the car manufacturer’s name. Also, the company will not be liable in respect of loss or damage to “hubcaps” whether such are factory or non-factory fitted.
If I missed to declare my designated beneficiary, which of my relatives are entitled to claim the Insurance proceeds in case of death?
In the absence of a named beneficiary, the beneficiary will be the estate of the insured or any relative by blood or connection by marriage who is deemed by the Company to be equitably entitled thereto.
Is there a limitation to geographic scope of coverage?
No. The coverage is worldwide, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Can I apply for more than one policy?
Yes. An insured may avail of more than one personal accident insurance provided that the limit of his coverage does not exceed the maximum benefit allowed based on the percentage of his Gross Annual Income.
Is motorcycling automatically covered?
No. Motorcycling is not automatically covered. One may request subject to underwriting approval.
Up to what age can I be allowed to get Personal Accident Insurance?
Individuals between 1-60 years old may avail of personal accident insurance. However, minors between 1-16 years old should be accompanied and represented by their guardian upon applying. Clients who wish to renew their policies may do so until they reach 65 years old.
Is Unprovoked Murder and Assault automatically covered?
No. Unprovoked murder and assault is subject to underwriting approval depending on the nature of occupation of the applicant.
Can I automatically avail of a high coverage under Personal Accident?
The limit of coverage is normally based on the insured’s gross annual income and his/her occupation.
What is a pre-existing illness? Is this covered?
Pre-existing illness is defined as any illness or medical condition already affecting the insured, whether known or unknown to the insured, before the effectivity date of his/her coverage. No. The company does not cover losses attributable to pre-existing illness.
What is the maximum limit of benefits of the Company will provide for self-employed individuals?
For self employed individuals, the maximum coverage allowed will be determined based on the insured’s Gross Annual Income during the previous year, verifiable through his/her Income Tax Return (ITR).
How does cashless medical assistance work?
It is like having a Health Medical Organization (HMO) card with network of providers worldwide.
What necessary steps do I have to take in case I contract a sickness during the course of my trip?

Requisite to availment of the benefits, the insured must immediately telephone the assigned hotline number (632) 4594727 and give the following information

  1. Personal Information.
  2. Policy Number.
  3. Contact Numbers (mobile/hotel/residence).
  4. Location.
  5. Sickness/injury.
If I lost my luggage deposited or checked-in during my flight, what steps should I take in order to claim?
Step 1: Immediately notify the Customer Service of the airline company.

Step 2: Call the MAPFRE insular hotline number (632) 4594727 to report the incident. They will provide you with a step guide on how to formalize your claim.

When does the policy start and cease to attach?
The policy starts an hour before the scheduled departure, continues during the course of his/her travel and ceases one hour after the scheduled or actual arrival whichever comes first.